Bosch ADAS Calibration of the future.
Modern passenger cars and vans are nowadays increasingly equipped with driver assistance systems. To ensure workshops are best prepared for these latest trends and safety-related developments in vehicle technologies, Bosch offers expertise and tools to help them perform reliable repairs. These include efficient ADAS diagnostics and calibration solutions for automobile body shops, fast-fit shops, and workshop concepts. The focus here is on multibrand compatibility and comprehensive calibration verification.
Viking Drive has invested in the latest technology from Bosch, technicians are able to calibrate ADAS technology from the most popular OEMs like General Motors, Ford, Toyota and Volkswagen.
- Thirteen camera targets covering the most popular OEMS, including Mercedes-Benz, Honda, Mazda, Subaru, Nissan, Toyota and Mitsubishi.
- Recalibration fixture and distance markers.
- Bosch ADAS Positioning System (BAP) that utilizes technology and industrial-grade vision cameras to measure the distance and angles of the fixture, in relation to the vehicle.
- Dual-purpose Volkswagen radar and camera board – The DAS 3000 includes a specially designed target board used for calibrating radar systems and Volkswagen cameras.
Types of ADAS
Whilst some forms of ADAS are pre-built into cars, there are also some systems that can be added on. Here are some common types of ADAS that are available in most modern cars today.
- GPS Navigation: When was the last time you used a paper map? GPS Navigation systems are inbuilt screens that guide you to your destination via a visual map and vocal directions. Most GPS Navigation systems today will also provide you with live traffic updates so that you can navigate around areas that are busy.
- Adaptive Light Control: This ADAS component assists drivers by automatically turning on the headlights when the natural lighting is reduced.
- Collision Avoidance Systems: Collusion avoidance systems are powered by multiple sensors which warn you when your vehicle is critically close to another object. Collision Avoidance Systems are invaluable in warning drivers when there are unseen obstructions in your blind spots.
- Automatic Braking: Automatic braking systems assist the driver in cases of high-speed collisions by automatically slowing down the vehicle to lessen any potential damages caused.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: If you plan on making a trip along the highway, especially if it’s a long trip, you’ll want to activate cruise control to make your journey a lot easier. With advanced cruise control systems, your vehicle will be programmed to autonomously slow down or speed up in reaction to the vehicle directly ahead of you.
Schedule Your Auto Maintenance Service Today
We understand how important your car, truck or SUV is to your daily schedule. Whether you’re using your vehicle for a morning commute or a cross-country road trip, you should contact our experts to ensure peak performance. Our goal is to keep your vehicle safe, fuel efficient and performing at its very best. Customers come to us for real solutions to all vehicle systems – engine, mechanical and electrical. Our team has over 80 years of combined experience in the auto repair industry. Give us a call today at 07 4952 6510 to schedule your next auto repair appointment. Next time you’re in the area, feel free to stop by. We gladly accept all of our walk-ins!