Viking Mechanical is looking for multiple light & heavy vehicle technicians required for our busy automotive workshop in Paget, QLD.
Our clean, state of the art, efficient workshop has all the gear to make your job a breeze!
If you think you have the necessary skills to excel and are looking for a role with stability and opportunity.
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIANS - JOIN THE TEAM WHO “GIVE IT HORNS”
Viking Mechanical is a leading aftermarket workshop specialising in exceptional vehicle maintenance based in Paget Mackay. We provide exceptional customer service to the motorists in the Mackay, Whitsunday & Bowen Basin regions.
Offering an employment incentive of $1 000 after 1st month full time employment and a further $2 000 after 6 months full time employment.
We service all makes and models and have diversified service in the diesel industry with the latest diesel technology and equipment
Viking Mechanical is one of the largest, family owned and operated workshops in Mackay. We are currently seeking Trade Qualified Heavy Commercial and Light Vehicle Mechanics to join our team. Working at our Mackay branch, you will be responsible for performing vehicle repairs and maintenance work as outlined by the manufacturer with efficiency and accuracy and in accordance with dealership and factory standards. Communicate effectively with the service advisors to ensure we are able to keep our customers informed on the progress of their vehicle. Conducting multipoint inspections and providing recommendations to ensure the safety and reliability of the vehicle.
Ideally applicants will have experience with the following:
- Routine services and maintenance repairs (necessary and preventative maintenance) on a range of trucks, trailers, and light vehicles.
- Fault diagnosis and resolution.
- Proven experience regarding scheduled servicing and preventative maintenance on IVECO trucks.
- Maintain accurate records of work completed.
- Be able to work autonomously in a largely unsupervised role, must be able to get along with others.
- Be able to communicate effectively and to be able to prioritise work in a sometimes very busy and challenging environment.
To be considered for this role, candidates must:
- Either be a qualified diesel mechanic or automotive technician with a minimum 5 years previous experience.
- Hold a HR or HC Drivers licence and Forklift licences would be beneficial.
- Previous experience working on road transport will be highly regarded.
- Have an ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- Have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Strong safety focus and commitment.
- Dealership experience will be an added bonus.
Overseas applications will be considered.
If you think you have the necessary skills to excel and are looking for a role with stability and opportunity, please complete the application form and submit today.